Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Baby's First Wedding

Kendra, my mom's best friend's daughter, got married in August and she asked my mom and I to do the flowers. And being the lovely, obliging people we are, we of course accepted. To tell the truth, this was really my mom's gig and I was but her lowly floral assistant. I also point out that this was my mom's project because she, in cooperation with the bride and the mother of the bride, designed the flowers and centerpieces for the wedding and they aren't really my style.

I guess it's pretty bratty of me to make a big deal about how I had NOTHING to do with the design of the wedding, but then again, I guess I'm kind of a brat, so whatever. It's not that the flowers were hideous or anything, but they just weren't what I would have chosen for my wedding.

Nonetheless, I want to share the photos of the flowers from the wedding to show more of my work, even if I'm not wild about it. Let's face it, every one's taste is different and who am I to judge what someone wants for their special day. As a florist you can't expect to be pushing your fab taste on everyone who walks in the door--it just aint happnen.

So here it is, my first Real Weddings post: Kendra and Robert





My mom and the bride decided to go with a topiary design for the centerpieces. They're kinda cute, but look a little wonky and too cutesy for a wedding.




The above two arrangements are actually all me. Both were in the church for the ceremony and moved into the reception hall; the smaller one went by the guest book and the larger on the altar. 


I don't know who thought this fabric was a good idea. Sheesh. It's everywhere, you can't escape!! But this little guy is one of five trough arrangements I made for the head table. It's obviously a shitty picture, but trust me, they were cute IRL. 


Guest seating cards were placed in wheatgrass, pocked with red clover.

I wish I had taken pictures of the bridal party's flowers and Kendra's bouquet because they were actually beautiful. The brides maids carried little red rose nosegays and the bouquet was made of stargazer lilies, white irises, and stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment