Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Tea Tin Trend

I'm constantly looking for interesting vases and containers for my burgeoning collection. Containers are so important in flower arranging. Size, shape, color and style are key elements in making a cohesive, appealing arrangement. Flowers in the wrong shape vase can look sloppy and disproportionate but flowers in the right container can take on fresh, unexpected twist.

Tea tin arrangements have been all over the blogs lately and I'm just loving the look. Loving them so much that I went on the hunt for tea tins this past weekend at the Brooklyn flea market. I scored a really sweet one that I just can't wait to get some flowers in.


A ruffly, more is more look.


More branches, flowers pulling in the color of the tin.



Ranunculus. My faves, looking very soft and romantic.


Amazing. I really need to get a move on my collection so I can recreate this dope assemblage. 


1 comment:

  1. I need the last one for my wedding... And I need a talented lass to pull it off. Know someone?

    ReplyDelete