Sunday, November 14, 2010

My First Floral Arranging Class!

Apologies to my loyal fan(s) out there for the lag time between posts. I just finished my exit exam for school which was a major time suck. Plus, I was on my death bed for the past week with the worst cold of my life. But now that I'm healthy and so close to being completely done with school, I'm ready to dedicate my life, mind, body and soul, to flowers.

And the big news is I've started taking floral arranging lessons through the New York Botanical Garden! Bam.

I just had my first class last Tuesday and even though I was SO sick I had a lovely time and made a badass (sort of) arrangement of roses, lemon leaf, and filler. Super tacky, I know. But roses, regardless of my bomb taste, are ubiquitous, so I gotta learn how to turn them out. Behold:


Original arrangement in class

Dick Roses in a box

Re-arranged at home (ignore the messy dresser)




No comments:

Post a Comment