Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ribbons and Bows, Bitches!

I literally just got home from my all day ribbons and bows intensive and I can't wait to share my work with the world! Not that it's that great or anything. It's not. Don't get your hopes up. But I just had so much fun today that I want to instantly re-live it through my blog. (A blog that apparently my mom doesn't even read. Jerk. See if she gets a Mother's Day arrangement this year.)

Today we worked on three major projects. First, we tied a bunch of bows. Next, we made the obligatory harvest arrangement in a basket, incorporating some of the bows we tied. And finally, we made a so cute gift box ribbon/flower arrangement which is perfect because I'm going to a house warming party tonight and now I have something nifty to wrap my gifty in.

Let's take a look, shall we?

Ribbon attempt #1. A bit of a flop.

Attempt #2

Attempt #3

My ribbons in a basket. Just cus I felt like it, yo. 

Ribbons on wooden picks for the harvest arrangement.

Securing the Oasis foam to the basket. Oasis foam is SO bad for the environment. But if god didn't want us to use it why would he have invented harvest centerpieces?

Viola! Thanksgiving has arrived! Also, notice my instructor in the background. 


Other side of arrangement. See the bow peeking out?


And here's the arrangement in it's natural habitat on my kitchen counter. That's my roommate there in the background. Hi Patrick!


This gift box adornment is by far my favorite project I've done in class. I wish I had taken more pictures of the process to show how it works, but basically it's a little Oasis foam 'igloo' that you thread onto ribbon and decorate with fresh flowers before tying it to the box. Love it. 




1 comment:

  1. I certainly hope you're planning to bring that harvest arrangement on the bus with you...

    ReplyDelete